Scrapbooking fills my days - not to mention my living room, bedroom, and closets!--Author Unknown

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just some thoughts

I was just checking my e-mails and one caught my attention. This one was talking about the cookie diet (yes I said the cookie diet). Now my first thought was WOW what women out there wouldn’t want to lose weight while eating cookies. My second thought was that this could be counter productive. So being the women that I am I decided to read that particular e-mail it was from a trusted source so it didn’t fall into the category of delete and ask questions later. After closer inspection of the e-mail it was titled the seven downsides of the cookie diet. The premise of the diet is to eat a cookie three to four times a day and then a low cal meal. The downsides are fatigue and irritability from too few calories, too little protein, possible constipation, too little calcium because the milk is not included with the cookies, unmotivated to exercise from the fatigue, and the largest downside is the lack of nutrition; as fruits and veggies are also not included.


Well I think I will stick to my original plan of following the Biggest Loser diet and exercise plan. At least I know I will be getting all the nutrients my body needs to produce the energy it needs to live as well as enough to exercise.

As part of my resolutions to improve my lifestyle I did a big clean out of the fridge and freezer. The first thing I tackled was the big chest freezer I tossed anything that I could no longer recognize because of the frost crystals covering the mystery item. I then looked at the dates on the other items anything with a 2006 or 2007 date was sent to the trash. The last to go was anything that I know we would never eat, I tend to save leftovers for the simple fact that I hat to toss good food in the garbage. I am trying to fix that problem in that I am trying to reduce the amount of food I make for a meal so that there isn’t too much left over of something that I know we won’t eat out of the freezer because as we all know certain items only taste good when made fresh. The next was the fridge after looking in there I was shocked to see NO science experiments. That’s right I had no science experiments in my fridge for the first time in quite some time. All the jars, bottles and etc with the dribs and drabs were trashed. You know the stuff the jelly jar that only has a tiny bit left not even enough for one piece of toast and the condiment bottles that are nearly empty that a full one has also been placed in the fridge next to the empty. I was pleasantly amazed that the light actually now goes all the way to the bottom shelf.

I am also getting rid of all the canned and boxed foods that are not going to fit into my new lifestyle. My thought is out of sight out of mind. Since I do all the grocery shopping those foods are not getting back into the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment